- To ensure safety
- Excellent results
- Good follow-up care
- Right advice
- Both facial and body procedures can be performed by plastic surgeons. A minimum of five years' surgical training followed by medical school, including residency program in plastic surgery, has to be completed by board certified plastic surgeons.
- Training is provided to surgeons for preventing or if the need arises, handling of emergencies. Plastic surgeons are provided with comprehensive education which includes a sound foundation in physiology and anatomy. This helps them in understanding all the body systems such as circulation, fluid and electrolyte balance and ventilation, all vitally important for the safety of the patient.
- Aesthetic judgment and technical skill are developed during the training given to surgeons. Years of training in complex reconstructive surgeries not only imparts experience to the cosmetic surgeons but also provides them with outstanding technical skills. In addition to this, a fine-tuned sense of aesthetics is achieved by continuous attention to form and function. These factors are critical to the success of cosmetic surgery which calls for precise judgment of proportions and balance.
The right plastic surgeon must be selected on the basis of his/her qualifications, training and experience. It is very important to ensure that the surgeon is experienced in performing the procedure one is planning to undergo.
- Check out the number of times the specific procedure has been performed by the cosmetic surgeon.
- Check out the "before and after" photographs of the surgeon's earlier patients to get a better idea about the surgeon's capabilities.
- If possible, speak to the patients who have undergone the plastic surgery.
- During the consultation, see whether you are comfortable speaking to the surgeon and ensure that you can freely discuss your aesthetic concerns.
- A reliable cosmetic surgeon would provide all details of the procedure, the outcomes you can expect, and even any risks or complications involved.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8069710